Resumes: Getting Started
When it is time to create a resume you can find a lot of resume help on eresumes.com and on the web sites that we recommend.
- The first step in creating a resume is to decide whether you want to write a resume yourself or seek help from professional resume writers.
- If you want to do it yourself, then you may want to begin with an assessment of your employability skills and to read about transferable skills and competencies.
- The next step might be to take the resume tutorial.
- After you are familiar with your own skill set and you have taken the tutorial, you may want to examine the many resume examples available within your specific area of interest. This will
provide you with a clear idea of proper resume formats to use. There are hundreds of resume templates to choose from depending on your field.
- Once you have narrowed the formatting down, read about invaluable resume tips that can help you get to the next phase -- the job
- The final stage is utilizing a resume distribution service to blast your resume out to all the recruiters seeking employees in your field.