How to develop your ePortfolio
The ePortfolio development process is a step-by-step process of collecting, substantiating, and organizing documented evidence that demonstrates your skill proficiency levels.
The ePortfolio Development Process
An electronic employability eportfolio serves as a career anchor for tracking employability as part of finding employment, staying employed, and keeping tabs on career satisfaction.
More specifically, it is a way to monitor skill development over time, assess your proficiency levels in those skills, and identify how they can transfer across industries during times of career and job transitions.
I have identified two approaches to the ePortfolio development process: a conceptual one and an applied approach.
This approach is somewhat like following a traditional career development process (e.g., self-assessment; identify and explore options; set goals; plan action; take action).
- Identify your stage in work
- Develop an employability skills profile
- Create a master eResume
- Develop a personal profile
- Gather artifacts that support skills profile
- Convert artifacts into electronic files
- Create a narrative storyboard outline
- Establish navigational linkages between skill acquisition and demonstrated proficiency
- Write supporting content for online reading
- Publish your ePortfolio to the Web
This approach is an example of how to put the concept into practice. The example I use here is my own. The steps I list are the steps I have actually used and find successful.
Background Career Situation:
....to be continued.