back to eresumes
Hypertext (or Web) eResume
(Note the ability to include
1234 Northern Star Circle
Baltimore, MD 12345
H: (410) 555-1212; W: (410) 555-2121; E-mail: email@example.com
CAREER GOAL ][
Client Server Systems Architect for a high
Systems Engineer. Client Server System Architect. Systems
Analysis. Systems Integration. Network Administration. Database Administration. Systems
Administration. Software Engineering. Troubleshooting Computing Systems. C++. Visual
Basic. SQL. UNIX Shell Script. Windows. MS DOS. Windows NT. TCP/IP. OSI. Microsoft LAN
Manager. Novell Netware. Project Management. Trade Studies. Consulting. BETA Tester.
Technical Presentations. Sales Presentations. Instructor. BS Degree. Mathematics and
Computer Science. UCLA. Air Force Institute of Technology. Computer Engineering.
Nine years of experience in designing,
installing, and troubleshooting computing systems; a proven track record in identifying
problems and developing innovative solutions.
- Programming: C, C++, Visual BASIC, FORTRAN, Pascal, SQL, OSF/Motif,
UNIX Shell Script (sh, ksh, csh), BASIC, Clipper, Algol 68, and 80X86 Assembler.
- Operating Systems: UNIX (bsd & SVr3/r4), MS Windows, MS DOS, MS Windows
NT, Solaris, HP-UX, Ultrix, AIX, VAX/VMS, and Macintosh System 7.
- Networking: TCP/IP, OSI, Microsoft LAN Manager, Novell Netware, DDN,
Internet, Ethernet, Token Ring, SNA, X.25, LAN-WAN interconnection.
- Applications: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Visual C++,
Microsoft Project, Microsoft Publisher, Lotus 123, Lotus Freelance, System Architect, and
Systems Engineer |
Systems Analyst |
Automated Data Processor
Computer Engineering Corporation, Los Angeles, CA,
Provide systems engineering, software
engineering, technical consulting, and marketing services as a member of the Systems
Integration Division of a software engineering consulting company.
- Designed and managed the development of an
enterprise-level client/server automated auditing application for a major financial
management company migrating from mainframe computers, db2, and FOCUS to a workgroup
oriented, client/server architecture involving Windows for Workgroups, Windows NT Advanced
Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle7, and UNIX.
- Designed an enterprise level, high performance,
mission-critical, client/server database system incorporating symmetric multiprocessing
computers (SMP), Oracle7s Parallel Server, Tuxedos on-line transaction
processing (OLTP) monitor, and redundant array of inexpensive disks (RAID) technology.
- Conducted extensive trade studies of a large
number of vendors that offer leading-edge technologies; these studies identified proven
(low-risk) implementations of SMP and RDBMS systems that met stringent performance and
Business Consultants, Inc., Washington, DC 1990-1993
Provided technical consulting services to the
Smithsonian Institutes Information Technology Services Group, Amnesty International,
and internal research and development initiatives.
- Consolidated and documented the Smithsonian
Laboratory's Testing, Demonstration, and Training databases onto a single server,
maximizing the use of the laboratory's computing resources.
- Brought the Smithsonian Laboratory on-line with
- Successfully integrated and delivered to Amnesty
International an $80,000 HP 9000/750 Server consisting of 8 Gigabytes of disk space and 9
software systems that required extensive porting work and documentation.
US Army Infantry, Germany 1986-1990
Analyzed problems and ADP processes; designed,
tested, and implemented software and hardware systems for an organizational operations
center. Supervised the maintenance, deployment, installation, and operation of a
battalion's personnel system that monitored and controlled up to 12 platoons in a
fast-paced, technically demanding environment.
- Designed a maintenance reporting program that
converted the labor intensive task of producing weekly status reports from a 4-day to a
- Developed a departmental computer literacy
training program, teaching classes on microcomputer operating systems, office automation
software, and introductory programming.
- Taught a "Structured Programming and Problem
Solving" course for the Community Education Center after work hours.
- Computer Systems Technology Program, Air Force
Institute of Technology (AFIT), Graduate Courses in Software Engineering and Computer
Communications (24 quarter units); GPA: 3.43
- BS, Mathematics/Computer Science, University of
California, Los Angeles (UCLA), GPA: 3.57; Major GPA: 3.62
- Database Administration, Performance Tuning, and
Benchmarking with Oracle7; Oracle Corporation.
- Software Requirements Engineering and Management
Course; Computer Applications International Corporation.
- X.400 Messaging and Allied Communications
Procedures-123 Profile; ComTechnologies, Inc.
- GOSIP LAN Operating System Network Administration;
- Interactive UNIX System V r4 (POSIX) System
Administration; ETC, Inc.
- Effective Briefing Techniques and Technical
Presentations; William French and Associates, Inc.
- Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol
(TCP/IP); Technology Systems Institute.
- LAN Interconnection Using Bridges, Routers, and
Gateways; Information Systems Institute.
- OSI X.400/X.500 Messaging and Directory Service
Protocols; Communication Technologies, Inc.
- US Army Signal Officer Advanced Course, US Army
Signal Center, Georgia; Honor Graduate.
Certifications, Honors, & Professional Affiliations
- MCP Trainer, DCS.
- MCP Trainer, SDD.
- MCP Certified Systems Engineer.
- MCP Certified Product Specialist, Networking, MS
TCP/IP, and MS Mail 3.2 for PC Networks.
- Member, Armed Forces Communications and
Electronics Association (AFCEA).
Recipient, Department of Defense Meritorious
Service Medal, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA).