THOMAS B. SEEKER
1234 Northern Star Circle
Baltimore, MD 12345
H: (410) 555-1212; W: (410) 555-2121
Client Server Systems Architect for a high technology
Nine years of experience in designing, installing, and
troubleshooting computing systems; a proven track record in identifying problems and
developing innovative solutions.
* PROGRAMMING: C, C++, Visual BASIC, FORTRAN, Pascal,
SQL, OSF/Motif, UNIX Shell Script (sh, ksh, csh), BASIC, Clipper, Algol 68, and 80X86
* OPERATING SYSTEMS: UNIX (bsd & SVr3/r4), MS
Windows, MS DOS, MS Windows NT, Solaris, HP-UX, Ultrix, AIX, VAX/VMS, and Macintosh System
* NETWORKING: TCP/IP, OSI, Microsoft LAN Manager, Novell
Netware, DDN, Internet, Ethernet, Token Ring, SNA, X.25, LAN-WAN interconnection.
* APPLICATIONS: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Access,
Microsoft Visual C++, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Publisher, Lotus 123, Lotus Freelance,
System Architect, and others.
Computer Engineering Corporation, Los Angeles, CA,
* Provide systems engineering, software engineering,
technical consulting, and marketing services as a member of the Systems Integration
Division of a software engineering consulting company.
* Designed and managed the development of an
enterprise-level client/server automated auditing application for a major financial
management company migrating from mainframe computers, db2, and FOCUS to a workgroup
oriented, client/server architecture involving Windows for Workgroups, Windows NT Advanced
Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle7, and UNIX.
* Designed an enterprise level, high performance,
mission-critical, client/server database system incorporating symmetric multiprocessing
computers (SMP), Oracle7s Parallel Server, Tuxedos on-line transaction
processing (OLTP) monitor, and redundant array of inexpensive disks (RAID) technology.
* Conducted extensive trade studies of a large number of
vendors that offer leading-edge technologies; these studies identified proven (low-risk)
implementations of SMP and RDBMS systems that met stringent performance and availability
Business Consultants, Inc., Washington, DC 1990-1993
* Provided technical consulting services to the
Smithsonian Institutes Information Technology Services Group, Amnesty International,
and internal research and development initiatives.
* Consolidated and documented the Smithsonian
Laboratory's Testing, Demonstration, and Training databases onto a single server,
maximizing the use of the laboratory's computing resources.
* Brought the Smithsonian Laboratory on-line with the
* Successfully integrated and delivered to Amnesty
International an $80,000 HP 9000/750 Server consisting of 8 Gigabytes of disk space and 9
software systems that required extensive porting work and documentation.
Automated Data Processor
US Army Infantry, Germany 1986-1990
* Analyzed problems and ADP processes; designed, tested,
and implemented software and hardware systems for an organizational operations center.
* Supervised the maintenance, deployment, installation,
and operation of a battalion's personnel system that monitored and controlled up to 12
platoons in a fast-paced, technically demanding environment.
* Designed a maintenance reporting program that converted
the labor intensive task of producing weekly status reports from a 4-day to a 2-hour
* Developed a departmental computer literacy training
program, teaching classes on microcomputer operating systems, office automation software,
and introductory programming.
* Taught a "Structured Programming and Problem
Solving" course for the Community Education Center after work hours.
* Computer Systems Technology Program, Air Force
Institute of Technology (AFIT), Graduate Courses in Software Engineering and Computer
Communications (24 quarter units); GPA: 3.43
* BS, Mathematics/Computer Science, University of
California, Los Angeles (UCLA), GPA: 3.57; Major GPA: 3.62
* Database Administration, Performance Tuning, and
Benchmarking with Oracle7; Oracle Corporation.
* Software Requirements Engineering and Management
Course; Computer Applications International Corporation.
* X.400 Messaging and Allied Communications
Procedures-123 Profile; ComTechnologies, Inc.
* GOSIP LAN Operating System Network Administration; ETC,
* Interactive UNIX System V r4 (POSIX) System
Administration; ETC, Inc.
* Effective Briefing Techniques and Technical
Presentations; William French and Associates, Inc.
* Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol
(TCP/IP); Technology Systems Institute.
* LAN Interconnection Using Bridges, Routers, and
Gateways; Information Systems Institute.
* OSI X.400/X.500 Messaging and Directory Service
Protocols; Communication Technologies, Inc.
* US Army Signal Officer Advanced Course, US Army Signal
Center, Georgia; Honor Graduate.
CERTIFICATION, HONORS, & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
* MCP Trainer, DCS.
* MCP Trainer, SDD.
* MCP Certified Systems Engineer.
* MCP Certified Product Specialist, Networking, MS
TCP/IP, and MS Mail 3.2 for PC Networks.
* Member, Armed Forces Communications and Electronics
* Recipient, Department of Defense Meritorious Service
Medal, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA).