Sample Rich Text (.rtf) Master eResume
Note how the formatting is retained, and how similar it looks to the hypertext sample resume. The difference lies in the file format. The only way to really understand this is to download this sample rich text resume to your word processor for a comparison.
Remember, the rich text file format is compatible across most word processors. Other file formats that retain document formatting is the Microsoft Word .doc file, which can be opened and edited in your Microsoft Word program, and the Adobe Acrobat .pdf file, which can be opened and viewed using Adobe's Acrobat Reader; however, the document cannot be edited.
THOMAS B. SEEKER
1234 Northern Star Circle
Baltimore, MD 12345
H: (410) 555-1212; W: (410) 555-2121; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Client Server Systems Architect for a high technology firm.
Systems Engineer. Client Server System Architect. Systems Analysis. Systems Integration. Network Administration. Database Administration. Systems Administration. Software Engineering. Troubleshooting Computing Systems. C++. Visual Basic. SQL. UNIX Shell Script. Windows. MS DOS. Windows NT. TCP/IP. OSI. Microsoft LAN Manager. Novell Netware. Project Management. Trade Studies. Consulting. BETA Tester. Technical Presentations. Sales Presentations. Instructor. BS Degree. Mathematics and Computer Science. UCLA. Air Force Institute of Technology. Computer Engineering.
Nine years of experience in designing, installing, and troubleshooting computing systems; a proven track record in identifying problems and developing innovative solutions.
- Programming: C, C++, Visual BASIC, FORTRAN, Pascal, SQL, OSF/Motif, UNIX Shell Script (sh, ksh, csh), BASIC, Clipper, Algol 68, and 80X86 Assembler.
- Operating Systems: UNIX (bsd & SVr3/r4), MS Windows, MS DOS, MS Windows NT, Solaris, HP-UX, Ultrix, AIX, VAX/VMS, and Macintosh System 7.
- Networking: TCP/IP, OSI, Microsoft LAN Manager, Novell Netware, DDN, Internet, Ethernet, Token Ring, SNA, X.25, LAN-WAN interconnection.
- Applications: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Visual C++, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Publisher, Lotus 123, Lotus Freelance, System Architect, and others.
Computer Engineering Corporation, Los Angeles, CA, 1993-Present
Provide systems engineering, software engineering, technical consulting, and marketing services as a member of the Systems Integration Division of a software engineering consulting company.
- Designed and managed the development of an enterprise-level client/server automated auditing application for a major financial management company migrating from mainframe computers, db2, and FOCUS to a workgroup oriented, client/server architecture involving Windows for Workgroups, Windows NT Advanced Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle7, and UNIX.
- Designed an enterprise level, high performance, mission-critical, client/server database system incorporating symmetric multiprocessing computers (SMP), Oracle7’s Parallel Server, Tuxedo’s on-line transaction processing (OLTP) monitor, and redundant array of inexpensive disks (RAID) technology.
- Conducted extensive trade studies of a large number of vendors that offer leading-edge technologies; these studies identified proven (low-risk) implementations of SMP and RDBMS systems that met stringent performance and availability criteria.
Business Consultants, Inc., Washington, DC 1990-1993
Provided technical consulting services to the Smithsonian Institute’s Information Technology Services Group, Amnesty International, and internal research and development initiatives.
- Consolidated and documented the Smithsonian Laboratory's Testing, Demonstration, and Training databases onto a single server, maximizing the use of the laboratory's computing resources.
- Brought the Smithsonian Laboratory on-line with the Internet.
- Successfully integrated and delivered to Amnesty International an $80,000 HP 9000/750 Server consisting of 8 Gigabytes of disk space and 9 software systems that required extensive porting work and documentation.
US Army Infantry, Germany 1986-1990
Analyzed problems and ADP processes; designed, tested, and implemented software and hardware systems for an organizational operations center. Supervised the maintenance, deployment, installation, and operation of a battalion's personnel system that monitored and controlled up to 12 platoons in a fast-paced, technically demanding environment.
- Designed a maintenance reporting program that converted the labor intensive task of producing weekly status reports from a 4-day to a 2-hour process.
- Developed a departmental computer literacy training program, teaching classes on microcomputer operating systems, office automation software, and introductory programming.
- Taught a "Structured Programming and Problem Solving" course for the Community Education Center after work hours.
- Computer Systems Technology Program, Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT), Graduate Courses in Software Engineering and Computer Communications (24 quarter units); GPA: 3.43
- BS, Mathematics/Computer Science, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), GPA: 3.57; Major GPA: 3.62
- Database Administration, Performance Tuning, and Benchmarking with Oracle7; Oracle Corporation.
- Software Requirements Engineering and Management Course; Computer Applications International Corporation.
- X.400 Messaging and Allied Communications Procedures-123 Profile; ComTechnologies, Inc.
- GOSIP LAN Operating System Network Administration; ETC, Inc.
- Interactive UNIX System V r4 (POSIX) System Administration; ETC, Inc.
- Effective Briefing Techniques and Technical Presentations; William French and Associates, Inc.
- Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP); Technology Systems Institute.
- LAN Interconnection Using Bridges, Routers, and Gateways; Information Systems Institute.
- OSI X.400/X.500 Messaging and Directory Service Protocols; Communication Technologies, Inc.
- US Army Signal Officer Advanced Course, US Army Signal Center, Georgia; Honor Graduate.
- MCP Trainer, DCS.
- MCP Trainer, SDD.
- MCP Certified Systems Engineer.
- MCP Certified Product Specialist, Networking, MS TCP/IP, and MS Mail 3.2 for PC Networks.
- Member, Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association (AFCEA).
Recipient, Department of Defense Meritorious Service Medal, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA).