Real Estate Resume
Before you begin writing your real estate resume, make sure that you really want to do this on your own. There are many professional resume writers and resume services you may want to hire to help you. Sometimes their expertise makes all the difference between getting and not getting that first interview.
If you decide to write your own resume, the best place to start is to analyze resume examples that utilize common resume formats. This will give you a good idea of the resume templates being used successfully today to land those lucrative real estate jobs.
Next, look at real estate and housing or commercial property web sites and publications to help you choose the key words you need to emphasize in your resume so that scanning software used to identify strong job candidates won't pass you by.
Remember to target your profile closely to the potential employer's needs when writing your resume. Realize what position in real estate is best for you by researching real estate job ads. Compare the ads and write a list of common job requirements and preferred qualifications.
Summarize your top credentials and include a list of your career achievements in real estate to show that your dedication to results is transferable to your next potential employer. Here is a good example:
- Planned successful marketing and advertising strategies targeting and developing new accounts, bringing more businesses and greater economic support to the city
- Expanded customer base through a variety of effective sales techniques
- Identified and resolved conflicts between public and bank, employees and management, clarifying work relationships and alleviating communication problems
- Managed branch with sales of $4.5 million, taking revenues from $110,000 to $360,000 per month within 2 months of management.
- Demonstrated consistent ability to increase sales, reorganize sales and customer service departments, implement revenue generating units and cut expenses.
While composing your resume, fill your profile with keywords related to your career field and real estate. You should also provide a list of "key skills" and expertise in you real estate job resume. Here's another good example:
- High-Volume, High-Dollar Negotiations
- Strategic/Tactical Planning
- Multimillion-Dollar Operating and Capital Budget Administration
- Analytical and Financial Skills
- Statistical Modeling and ROI Analyses
Important points to keep in mind:
- List relevant educational background, and not every conference you've attended, which only wastes space, and time for the reader
- Highlight your accomplishments and extraordinary experiences. Your daily duties are obvious so do not describe them in detail
- Include your all administrative or managerial skills you may have
- If you did the same job at several institutions, put them all under one heading
- Display your diversity by including experiences you've had other than in the field of real estate
In addition to these important guidelines for constructing your resume, there are many resume tips plus simple resume formats to follow that will help you compose a great resume. Some of the more important rules are as follows:
- Never write more than two pages.
- Use a format that makes the resume inviting and easy-to-read.
- Think about your accomplishments and make them the focus of the resume
- Tell the truth.
- Use buzzwords and keywords.
- If possible, tailor your resume for a specific job, not just a specific industry.
- Include computer proficiency levels for almost all jobs.
- Ensure all dates link up and leave no suspicious gaps if you are using a chronological format.
- If there are gaps in your work history, use a functional resume format.
- Make sure your cover letter is as good as your resume.
- Practice your job interview skills.
- Don't forget to follow-up with a thank-you note.
Find your next job at Monster today. Search thousands of new job listings from the web's premium job database. Sign-up for a free account and post your resume...
Real Estate & Construction - Business.com will help you find just what looking for. Browse through more than 65,000 categories. Find all the vendors and goods you need to grow your...
Find real jobs, not blind ads! Browse jobs by state. Free resume samples, free search help, resume writing, eResumes, interview questions, what to wear to the...