Hometown, State 12001
Summary of Qualifications
An experienced training professional with demonstrated success in developing, delivering and evaluating corporate training programs. Two years of work with newly developed tools for rapid e-learning development. Special skills in online training for a variety of audiences. Recognized for alignment of training solutions with business goals, management of projects and people, process improvement, needs analysis and training evaluation.
Computer and Training Tool Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Macromedia FLASH
- Adobe Presenter
- Adobe Captivate
- Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe InDesign
Honey Donuts 2005-2008
Director of Training
Directed designers and web developers in creating e-learning, in-store and classroom-based training for product rollouts
Introduced e-learning as an effective tool for store owner product training, saving thousands of print dollars with each product roll-out.
- Built and managed a team of designers, many of them novices, who created highly interactive online and face-to-face training at the application level, resulting in a significant increase in store owner satisfaction with product training.
- Designed and implemented processes to reduce department overtime from an average of six hours/person/week to almost zero hours.
- Directed implementation of a new tool for online course creation.
By Golly, Inc 2003-2005
Provided e-learning and paper-based training solutions to a variety of clients including Company A, Company B and Company C.
- Working in a virtual environment, created blended learning solutions that helped move a company's clients to an enthusiasm for e-learning.
- Learned a complex product and created face-to-face sales training materials on this product, delivering within a very short deadline. Recognized for the quality of the training material.
- Using collaborative software, designed Web-based experiences for practicing and perfecting job skills in the insurance industry, which led to saving the company thousands of dollars in travel expenses.
Fairly Focused Training Center 1998-2003
Manager of Instructional Design; Director of Program Management
Directed a multi-disciplinary team of 15 that designed and developed more than 400 courses for Learn It Now, a major Web-based training company.
- Created the criteria for and made hiring and firing decisions on over 75 instructional designers in a five-year period.
- Trained over 40 novice instructional designers on applying adult learning principles and instructional design processes to e-learning.
- Created instructional design processes that significantly improved course time-to-market.
- Personally developed more that 30 web-based courses, many of which are still part of Learn it Now's offerings.
- M.A. in history, University of Tulsa, Tulsa Oklahoma
- B.A. in history, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado
- American Society for Training and Development: Certificate in Training with E-learning
- American Society of Distance Educators: Certificate in Distance Education
- NDEA Fellowship for excellence in graduate work
- New York City Training Association Award
- Public Relations Society of America, Non-Profit Division, First Place Award
- American Society for Training and Development
- International Society for Performance Improvement
- American Society of Distance Educators
Once you've looked at the resume above, you may want to check out resume tips for some more suggestions. Because resumes differ based on the specific industry or even the specific job, look at the job-specific resume examples we've provided. And do your homework. Look at web sites, publications and job ads in your field to get an idea of the appropriate resume format, style, content and keywords. Using generic formats that can be applied to any kind of job will not grab the reader's attention.